The National Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel is located at the corner of Richardson and Wright Streets in Middle Park, Victoria, Australia.
This Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel was begun in 1912 and completed in 1928. It was dedicated as the National Shine in 1944 and has been home to the Carmelite family in Australia since then.
Throughout the year special events are held at the Shrine during which we pray for the members of our Carmelite family and their needs.
These masses include the
- Mass of Healing, celebrated on the Feast of Our Lady, Help of Christians
- Mothers' Mass, celebrated on the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Mass of Love and Hope, celebrated on the Feast of St Therese of Lisieux
- Mass of Remembrance, celebrated near to All Souls Day and All Saints Day
- Thanksgiving Mass, celebrated at midnight on Christmas Eve
The Church contains shrines to:
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- St Therese of Lisieux
- St Mary of the Cross Mackillop
- The Prophet Elijah
- The Sacred Heart
and is open daily from 8.30am - 6.00pm.
For more imformation about how you can be part of these special events please contact the Carmelite Development Office.